- Agile Transformation
- Portfolio Management
- Pipeline Optimisation
- Executive Coach
- Scrum specialist
- Commercial acumen
- An experienced Agile mentor, coach and leader who is recognised for his deep understanding of Agility, and his passion for the development of highly productive Agile teams.
- Ian’s coaching team at Pearson Education won the award for Best Team at the Agile Awards.
Qualifications and certifications
- LL.B. Law, University of Southampton
- Led a review of Dixons Carphone’s digital delivery capability and subsequently managed the IndigoBlue transformation team. Owned the full portfolio of ecommerce deliverables to support Black Friday 2015, resulting in record-breaking online sales.
- Ian led the team of 4 consultants at Freeletics, Munich-based developer of fitness and lifestyle app, used by 15M. Reorganised the delivery team and drove productivity increases over 50%. This enabled Freeletics to increase its user base by over 40% and secure £50m in funding.
- Supported Senior Portfolio and Project Managers at the Home Office in their adoption, understanding and deployment of Agile. Identified major issues in a significant, multi-party project and advised on improved reporting. Asked and trusted by HO to provide coaching workshops to a 3rd party supplier to improve Agile practices.
- Created appropriate governance structures and reporting at ITV to enhance delivery, working with Senior Management and development teams.
- Audited Agile practices at Mergermarket, a business providing advisory, corporate and financial communities with foresight. Formulated a programme to ‘reset’ the team, resulting in a rapid improvement in Dev team engagement and the introduction of effective release planning.
- Audited project and governance practices at the Ordnance Survey. Retained to improve project delivery and quality using Agile techniques, and hire a coaching team to aid adoption. Directed Agile transformation activities including training, project selection and job description reviews.
- As Head of Service Development at Financial Times Ltd, initiated and led the Agile transition. Delivered the award-winning Mockingbird project. Increased throughput of enhancements with a fast review and prioritisation process. Pioneered use of Agile offshore bases (India, Romania).
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent – Eleanor Roosevelt